List Price: $ 44.95
Save 25 % off List Price
Knowledge, Power and Educational Reform
Selected writings from an international team of scholars, highlighting the contribution made to the field of educational policy and educational policy research by Basil Bernstein's work on the sociology of pedagogy. These contributors explore, analyze and engage with contemporary political reforms of education, contemporary pedagogic debates, and the changing nature of professional knowledge, relationships and structures.
Subjects covered include:
* particular concepts such as voice research
* the significance of social class in relation to the language, schooling and home cultures
* differences between official and pedagogic recontextualizing fields
* formation of different types of identities
* the construction of the learner
* formation of teacher identities and use of pedagogic discourses, and
* analysis of performance-based educational reforms and its impact on pedagogy.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Taylor & Francis
July 26, 2006
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.