The Pocket Mentor series offers immediate solutions to the challenges managers face on the job every day. Each book in the series is packed with handy tools, self-tests, and real-life examples to help you identify strengths and weaknesses and hone critical skills. Whether you're at your desk, in a meeting, or on the road, these portable guides enable you to tackle the daily demands of your work with greater speed, savvy, and effectiveness.
Managing employee growth is critical to your organization's success. But to develop your employees effectively, you must have certain skills, such as the ability to seek out opportunities, set goals, and provide feedback. This volume teaches you to:
* Assess developmental needs
* Understand and take into account differences between your employees
* Use a Performance and Potential grid to determine next steps
* Conduct a career development discussion
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Harvard Business Review Press
May 31, 2009
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.