You've just been promoted to a managerial position for the first time -- congratulations! But beware: the managerial role differs markedly from the individual contributor role. Go into the job with mistaken assumptions about what to expect, and you just may be blindsided by surprising realities.
This book helps you lay the foundation for succeeding in your new role, explaining how to:
* Discard the "doer" role of the individual contributor for the orchestrating role of the manager
* Adjust your leadership style to maximize your team's performance
* Balance conflicting expectations from your boss, peers, and direct reports
* Deal productively with the stresses and new emotions that come with being a manager
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Harvard Business Press
August 05, 2008
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.