The Dance of Connection : How to Talk to Someone When You're Mad, Hurt, Scared, Frustrated, Insulted, Betrayed, or Desperate
In her most affirming and life-changing book yet, Dr. Harriet Lerner teaches us how to restore love and connection with the people who matter the most. In The Dance of Connection we learn what to say (and not say) when:
* We need an apology, and the person who has harmed us won't apologize or be accountable.
* We don't know how to take a conversation to the next level when we feel desperate.
* We feel worn down by the other person's criticism, negativity, or irresponsible behavior.
* We have been rejected or cut off, and the other person won't show up for the conversation.
* We are struggling with staying or leaving, and we don't know our "bottom line."
* We are convinced that we've tried everything -- and nothing changes.
Filled with compelling personal stories and case examples, Lerner outlines bold new "voice lessons" that show us how to speak with honor and personal integrity, even when the other person behaves badly.
Whether we're dealing with a partner, parent, sister, or best friend, The Dance of Connection teaches us how to navigate our most important relationships with clarity, courage, and joyous conviction.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
August 06, 2002
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.