An in-depth look at the internals of the WordPress system. As the most popular blogging and content management platform available today, WordPress is a powerful tool. This exciting book goes beyond the basics and delves into the heart of the WordPress system, offering overviews of the functional aspects of WordPress as well as plug-in and theme development.
What is covered in this book?
* WordPress as a Content Management System
* Hosting Options
* Installing WordPress Files
* Database Configuration
* Dashboard Widgets
* Customizing the Dashboard
* Creating and Managing Content
* Categorizing Your Content
* Working with Media
* Comments and Discussion
* Working with Users
* Managing, Adding, Upgrading, and Using the Theme Editor
* Working with Widgets
* Adding and Managing New Plugins
* Configuring WordPress
* Exploring the Code
* Configuring Key Files
* wp-config.php file
* Advanced wp-config Options
* What's in the Core?
* WordPress Codex and Resources
* Understanding and customizing the Loop
* Building A Custom Query
* Complex Database Operations
* Dealing With Errors
* Direct Database Manipulation
* Building Your Own Taxonomies
* Plugin Packaging
* Create a Dashboard Widget
* Creating a Plugin Example
* Publish to the Plugin Directory
* Installing a Theme
* Creating Your Own Theme
* How and When to Use Custom Page Templates
* How to Use Custom Page Templates
* Pushing Content from WordPress to Other Sites
* Usability and Usability Testing
* Getting Your Site Found
*How Web Standards Get Your Data Discovered
* Load Balancing Your WordPress Site
* Securing Your WordPress Site
* Using WordPress in the Enterprise
* Is WordPress Right for Your Enterprise?
and much more!
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
April 01, 2010
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.