List Price: $ 49.99
Save 25 % off List Price
Integrating Macs into Windows Networks
Integrate Macs seamlessly into your Windows network
These days, almost every Windows network must include Macs--and not just as second-class citizens with limited connectivity, but as full members of the network. Covering Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Windows Server 2008 R2, Integrating Macs into Windows Networks shows you how to incorporate Macs quickly and easily into your Windows Server network. You'll learn how to plan your Mac rollout, choose the best way of managing Macs, add Macs to the network seamlessly, and keep them secure and running smoothly.
* Select the right Macs for your organization's needs
* Make the physical connection to the network via Ethernet or AirPort
* Choose between extending Active Directory to handle Macs or building a "magic triangle" with Mac OS X Server
* Use proxy servers to give Macs safe internet access
* Connect Mac clients to Microsoft Exchange for e-mail and calendaring
* Provide Mac users with network home or mobile home folders
* Set up Macs to print to your Windows network printers
* Install software on Macs automatically both before and after deployment
* Run Windows programs on Macs using Boot Camp, virtual machines, or both
* Allow Mac users remote access to the network via virtual private networking
* Back up and restore data, and troubleshoot Mac hardware and software problems
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
July 19, 2010
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.