Signal Integrity Engineer's Companion : Real-Time Test and Measurement, and Design Simulation
A Signal Integrity Engineer's Companion
REAL-TIME TEST AND MEASUREMENT AND DESIGN SIMULATION
Use Real-World Test and Measurement Techniques to Systematically Eliminate Signal Integrity Problems
This is the industry's most comprehensive, authoritative, and practical guide to modern Signal Integrity (SI) test and measurement for high-speed digital designs. Three of the field's leading experts guide you through systematically detecting, observing, analyzing, and rectifying both modern logic signal defects and embedded system malfunctions. The authors cover the entire life cycle of embedded system design from specification and simulation onward, illuminating key techniques and concepts with easy-to-unserstand illustrations.
Writing for all electrical engineers, signal integrity engineers, and chip designers, the authors show how to use real-time test and measurement to address today's increasingly difficult interoperability and compliance requirements. They also present detailed, start-to-finish case studies that walk you through commonly encountered design challenges, including ensuring that interfaces consistently operate with positve timing margins without incurring excessive cost; calculating total jitter budgets; and manging complex tradeoffs in high-speed serial interface design.
*Understanding the complex signal integrity issues that arise in today's high-speed designs
* Learning how eye diagrams, automated compliance tests, and signal analysis measurements can help ypu identify and solve SI problems
*Reviewing the electrical characteristics of today's most widely used CMOS IO circuits
* Performing signal path analyses based on intuitive Time-Domain Reflectometry (TDR) techniques
* Achieving more accurate real-time signal measurements and avoiding probe problems and artifacts
* Utilizing digital oscilloscopes and logic analyzers to make accurate measurements in high-frequency environments
* Simulating real-world signals that stress digital circuits and expose SI faults
* Accurately measuring jitter and other RF parameters in wireless applications
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Prentice Hall PTR
June 20, 2008
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.