Fodor's California National Parks : Channel Islands, Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Lassen Volcanic, Redwood, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Yosemite
Get inspired and plan your next trip with Fodor's e-book guide to California's national parks: Channel Islands, Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Kings Canyon, Lassen, Sequoia, and Yosemite. To get your bearings, browse a brief overview of each park and peruse full-color maps of the region. You'll develop an immediate sense of each park's awe-inspiring landscape as you flip through an album of vivid full-color photographs. Read on and find all of the essential, up-to-date details you expect from a Fodor's guide: From the best dining and lodging in the area to must-see hikes and scenic drives, Fodor's has it all.
Discover seven great California parks in one e-book:
* Just 60 miles northwest of Los Angeles, the five islands of Channel Islands park are a nature-lover's paradise and home to 145 species found nowhere else on the planet.
* Straddling the southern California and Nevada borders, Death Valley is the largest national park in the contiguous U.S. and features breathtaking vistas and blasting 120-degree heat.
* World-class rock climbing and spectacular desert scenery are highlights of Joshua Tree. The eponymous trees--twisted and prickly, with clumps of spiny leaves--are straight out of a Dr. Seuss book.
* Visitors to Lassen Volcanic will find spectacular geologic wonders plus more than 150 miles of hiking trails, countless mountain lakes and streams, and flowering meadows.
* Ancient evergreens tower over visitors among the jagged mountain slopes of Sequoia and Kings Canyon, which cover more than 850,000 acres combined.
* Shimmering waterfalls and the soaring granite monoliths of Half Dome and El Capitan are some of the classic images you'll see in Yosemite's 748,000 acres.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
August 30, 2010
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.