List Price: $ 9.99
Save 14 % off List Price
Complete Without Kids : An Insider's Guide to Childfree Living by Choice or by Chance
THIS E-BOOK VERSION DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY OTHER MEDIA THAT WOULD ACCOMPANY THE PRINT VERSION
In Complete Without Kids, licensed clinical psychologist Ellen L. Walker examines the often-ignored question of what it means to be childfree, by choice or by circumstance, in a family-focused society. Recognizing that there is no one type of childfree adult, the author guides the reader through the positive and negative aspects of childfree living, taking into consideration the different issues faced by men or women, couples or singles, whether gay or straight.
As a woman who is childfree by choice, Walker draws upon her personal experience while also offering the reader numerous interviews with other childfree adults, revealing behind-the-scenes factors that influenced their personal journeys. She approaches the tough decision-making process of whether or not to have children from a biological, historical, and societal perspective, offering valuable information on:
* The unique set of problems that childfree adults face simply due to living in a culture that celebrates babies and traditional families
* Methods to cope with the pressure to have children from media, family, and friends in a healthy way
* How to create balance and approach the leisure time allowed by a childfree lifestyle
* Financial, health, and personal benefits associated with childfree living
Offering support, guidance, and thought-provoking questions, Complete Without Kids is a productive guide for any reader considering the childfree path.
Showing 1-1 of the 1 most recent reviews
1 . Not alone
Posted May 06, 2011 by dee , miamiThis book and the reviews made me feel less alone in the world. People often make me feel like a freak, or broken in some way because I have chosen a childfree life. But a book like this, whether it's good or bad, let's me know that I am not alone in my choice :)
Greenleaf Book Group
January 01, 2011
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.