Philosophy for AS and A2 is the definitive textbook for students of Advanced Subsidiary or Advanced Level philosophy courses, structured directly around the specification of the AQA - the only exam board to offer these courses. Following a lively foreword by Nigel Warburton, author of Philosophy: The Basics, a team of experienced teachers devote a chapter each to the six themes covered by the syllabus:
* Theory of Knowledge
* Moral Philosophy
* Philosophy of Religion
* Philosophy of Mind
* Political Philosophy
* Philosophy of Science
Each of the six themed chapters includes:
* A list of key concepts, to introduce students to the topic
* Bite-size sections corresponding exactly to the syllabus topics
* Actual past exam questions from previous years
* Suggested discussion questions to promote debate
* Text-boxes with helpful summaries, case-studies and examples
* An annotated further reading list directing students towards the best articles, books and websites
* A comprehensive glossary, providing a handy reference point
There is a final chapter on essay writing and exam preparation, designed to help students get to grips with the examination board requirements.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Taylor & Francis
August 22, 2004
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.