The original slogan inspired a stiff upper lip and optimistic energy, but Keep Calm and Drink Up proves that in the long run, it's a stiff drink and flowing spirits that really motivate the masses. Keep Calm and Drink Up features more than 100 proverbs and mantras from the likes of James Joyce, Ernest Hemingway, Rumi, Dave Barry, and Garrison Keillor, including:
* "There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne." --Bette Davis
* "I know the truth is in between the first and fortieth drink." --Tori Amos
* "Twenty-four hours in a day, twenty-four beers in a case. Coincidence?" --Stephen Wright
* "Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat." --Alex Levine
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Andrews McMeel Publishing
July 19, 2011
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.