List Price: $ 41.95
Save 25 % off List Price
Health, Civilization and the State : A History of Public Health from Ancient to Modern Times
This book examines the social, economic and political issues of public health provision in historical perspective. It outlines the development of public health in Britain, Continental Europe and the United States from the ancient world through to the modern state. It includes discussion of:
* pestilence, public order and morality in pre-modern times
* the Enlightenment and its effects
* centralization in Victorian Britain
* localization of health care in the United States
* population issues and family welfare
* the rise of the classic welfare state
* attitudes towards public health into the twenty-first century.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Taylor & Francis
January 05, 1999
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.