Your First Year As a Nurse, Second Edition : Making the Transition from Total Novice to Successful Professional
Survive and Thrive as a Nurse in Today's New Health-Services Landscape
Welcome to the compassionate and caring world of nursing! You are entering a profession that offers great rewards and endless opportunities. But you must prepare for the challenges ahead and do everything you can to ensure that you experience the best that nursing has to offer.
Get off to the right start in your new profession by learning how to:
* Find the job that's perfect for you
* Create your own patient-centered style of nursing
* Develop positive relationships with doctors, patients, and other nurses
* Stay positive, deal with conflict and adversity, and avoid burnout
* Network, enhance your education and career, and become a leader
And NEW! to this revised edition:
* Invaluable information about nursing licensure, including an extensive FAQ section
* Discussion of professional issues related to standards of care, nursing ethics, and
* Job-hunting challenges and solutions
* Solutions for handling quandaries such as delayed career start, nontraditional
practice, and more
* Trends and opportunities for the future of nursing
* A special section for second-career nurses
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
November 09, 2010
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.