Learn to create a positive work environment by accentuating the positive and illuminating the negative
Illuminate argues that we can't create positive work environments without accepting the existence of the negative. Though "positive thinking" has its place in the work world, we can't ignore the negative, whether it be in the form of challenges, problems, limitations, or other negative business realities. In order to foster healthy, functional business, we have to create a culture that allows for open expression and the sharing of ideas-especially when those ideas are negative in nature.
The key is that negative situations and conditions should be introduced and dealt with in a strictly positive light. The result is an organization able to look at itself honestly and stay alert to possible threats. A unique kind of business book, Illuminate is written in the style of an allegorical fable that teaches you a three-step process for confronting, examining, and fixing any problem in the office.
* Offers practical ways for dealing with negative situations to achieve positive outcomes
* Serious wisdom wrapped in a fictional format
* Author David Corbin operates a successful consultancy that helps industry and government maximize productivity and, therefore, profitability
* Corbin is also the star and co-director of the hit 2007 self-help film Pass It On; he is featured in the 2009 Napoleon Hill Foundation Film, Three Feet From Gold
If your corporate culture can't deal with the negative without creating more negativity, this is the perfect guide for creating and sustaining a culture of positive change.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
August 23, 2009
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.