TENNIS-One Shot at a Time offers lots of ideas and tips for the recreational tennis player. It is based on the simple idea that tennis should, most of all, be a fun activity, as well as providing challenge and competition.
It covers topics like
* How to keep things simple in tennis
* How to focus and enhance your consistency
* Winning for fun, but never at all cost
* Finding people you enjoy playing and competing with
* Making tennis a fun game for kids, and how to be a tennis parent
* Tips for doubles and mixed doubles
Full of humorous comments and drawings, there are also many practical tips on how to play a tie-breaker, how to set up a recreational tournament, how to select a racket and string, what to do about tennis elbow, and many more.
"There is no more glory in winning your match from your regular tennis buddy than the satisfaction that, today, what you tried to do, worked. The fun was in trying to win, not to defeat your friend. If you go out on the court with the desire to do your best, your share of wins will happen. Best of all, you give yourself and your opponent a good time."
Ron Mescall won Junior Titles while growing up in Indiana, and was a Big Ten Champion for Michigan State University. He has been a tennis coach and teacher for 40 years.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
July 04, 2004
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.