"Anyone who contemplates any onboard do-it-yourself work should have this book at his or her elbow."--Cruising World
"This book reduces a boat to its most rudimentary parts in simple drawings and clear explanations. Fascinating to read, it's a perfect teaching tool."--Ocean Navigator
Whether you're a new mariner or a lifetime veteran, How Boat Things Work is a resource you can't afford to be without. With intricate two-color cutaway drawings of eighty different systems and devices, as well as detailed explanations of how they're assembled, how they work, and how they can go wrong, this book covers every primary component of your boat's inner workings.
This guided tour "under the hood" of your sailboat or powerboat includes:
* Engines, transmissions, bearings, stuffing boxes, propellers
* Steering systems, autopilots, windvanes, compasses
* Rigging, splicing, line handling, block and tackle, sail controls
* Anchors and windlasses
* DC and AC electrical systems
* Pumps, toilets, seacocks, freshwater systems
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
International Marine/Ragged Mountain Press
May 14, 2007
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.