Electronics is fascinating - want to make something of it? This book shows you how!
You can make all sorts of things, once you understand what electronics is and how it works. This book helps you out with that part, explaining the whole thing in plain English. Learn how electricity functions, how to harness it and put it to work, what tools you need to build circuits, what you can make with them, and how to do it safely.
* Mystery solved - understand what makes your iPod, remote control, and computer work
* Essential stuff - outfit your electronics lab with all the necessary tools, including some that will surprise you
* Schematic road maps - learn to read schematics and understand how they help your project get where it's going
* Symbols of power - recognize all the identifiers for power sources, grounds, and components
* Tools of the trade - discover how to use a multimeter, logic probe, oscilloscope, and solderless breadboard
* Break it down - get to know the ins and outs of components such as resistors, capacitors ,diodes and transistors
* Getting it together - find out how integrated circuits make all the rest possible and learn to work with them
* & Analyze it - understand the rules that govern current and voltage and learn how to apply them
Open the book and find:
* The difference between electronics and electricity
* A list of essential tools
* Cool projects you can build quickly
* Great places to find parts
* Important safety tips
* What a sine wave is
* Interesting stuff about speakers, buzzers, and DC motors
* Ohm's Law and how to use it
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
September 01, 2009
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.