Theatricality in Early Modern Art and Architecture offers the first systematic investigation of exchanges between the arts, architecture and the theatre. The authors present many new instances of the interaction between the arts, providing a theoretical and historiographical context for these interactions.
* Offers the first systematic investigation of exchanges between the arts, architecture and the theatre, not simply the influence of the theatre on the arts, and vice versa
* Develops a theoretical and methodological model to study such exchanges and interactions
* Presents many new, hitherto unknown instances of the interaction between the arts, particularly architecture, and the theatre, and provides such interactions with a theoretical and historiographical context
* Authors have opened up new ways of analyzing theatricality both in the arts, architecture and the theatre
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
April 11, 2011
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.