Food Safety for the 21st Century : Managing HACCP and Food Safety throughout the Global Supply Chain
The HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) system is still recognised internationally as the most effective way to produce safe food throughout the supply chain, but a HACCP system cannot operate in a vacuum. It requires prerequisite programmes to be in place and it can be highly affected by, or dependent upon, other major considerations such as animal, plant, human and environmental health, food security and food defence.
* Provides a practical and up-to-date text covering the essentials of food safety management in the global supply chain, giving the reader the knowledge and skills that they need to design, implement and maintain a world-class food safety programme.
* Builds on existing texts on HACCP and food safety, taking the next step forward in the evolution of HACCP and providing a text that is relevant to all sectors and sizes of food businesses throughout the world.
* Shares practical food safety experience, allowing development of best-practice approaches. This will allow existing businesses to improve their systems and enable businesses that are new to HACCP and food safety management requirements in both developed and developing countries to build on existing knowledge for more rapid application of world-class food safety systems.
* Educates practitioners such that they will be able to use their judgement in decision-making and to influence those who make food policy and manage food operations.
This book is an essential resource for all scientists and managers in the food industry (manufacturing and foodservice); regulators and educators in the field of food safety; and students of food science and technology.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
December 01, 2010
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.