List Price: $ 14.95
Save 16 % off List Price
Wilderness GPS : A Step by Step Guide
Struggle on your own to learn that complicated new GPS device - or buy this book and start navigating today!
- Simple, focused, and accessible, Wilderness GPS is for anyone using GPS in an outdoor setting
- Trust us: first-timers need help to use their new backcountry GPS devices
- From the authors of the bestselling Wilderness Navigation (65,000 copies sold)
Thousands have learned compass and map skills with the help of father-and-son team Bob and Mike Burns and their straightforward, simply explained book, Wilderness Navigation. Now they've written a book for everyone who has bought a backcountry GPS device and found it inexplicably complicated to use (which includes most of us). Wilderness GPS is an easy-to-use guide to get you navigating the outdoors with your handheld GPS device. Wondering how to choose from the variety of gear and computer programs, or how to use a GPS with your map and compass effectively? Wilderness GPS details this and more including:
- How to select your GPS gear
- Getting started and practice routines
- Different coordinate systems: latitude and longitude vs. Universal transverse Mercator (UTM)
- Routefinding in wilderness settings, including common scenarios
- GPS vs. map and compass routefinding
- Using GPS on water
- Using your GPS with a home computer or mobile "smart" device
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
The Mountaineers Books
September 20, 2013
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.