List Price: $ 19.95
Save 25 % off List Price
Yes Lives in the Land of No : A Tale of Triumph Over Negativity
* Cowritten by the authors of the international bestsellers A Peacock in the Land of Penguins (more than 250,000 copies sold) and Walk Awhile in MY Shoes (more than 750,000 copies sold)
* A lively parable that tackles a tough subject--how to overcome negativity to find success, happiness, and affirmation
* Includes practical tips, tools, and strategies to help readers apply the lessons of the parable in their personal and professional lives
* Listen to a podcasted interview with BJ Gallagher on Total Picture Radio
It seems like everywhere we turn, we're confronted by shaking heads, thumbs down, brick walls, brush-offs, and closed doors. NOs surround us--in our workplaces, in our communities and places of worship, in government, in social settings, in schools, and even within our families.
Whether you're applying for a job, making a request, looking for a house, dating to find the right mate, seeking some type of approval, selling a product or an idea (or yourself), or trying to organize others into getting something accomplished, you're going to encounter rebuffs and resistance. What can you do to overcome so much negativity?
This wise, insightful parable follows our hero who ventures into the Land of NO in search of YES. He watches well-intentioned characters flounder and fail--while noticing other characters using different approaches and achieving success. Our observant hero learns from others' experiences, as well as his own.
Through his journey, you will discover how you, too, can persist in the face of frequent NOs--both the NOs uttered by people around you and, perhaps more importantly, the insidious NOs whispered by your own inner voices.
The second half of the book takes you from parable to practice--with proven tips, tools, and strategies to help you persevere, develop tenacity, persist in the face of rejection, and overcome the inertia of the status quo. Taken together, the two parts of this book provide a how-to manual that's both practical and entertaining. It will help you find the YESes you seek--faster, more effectively, and with a lot less discouragement and despair in the process.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
April 30, 2006
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.