Writing: Theory and History of the Technology of Civilization traces the origins of writing tied to speech from ancient Sumer through the Greek alphabet and beyond.
* Examines the earliest evidence for writing in Mesopotamia in the fourth millennium BC, the origins of purely phonographic systems, and the mystery of alphabetic writing
* Includes discussions of Ancient Egyptian,Chinese, and Mayan writing
* Shows how the structures of writing served and do serve social needs and in turn create patterns of social behavior
* Clarifies the argument with many illustrations
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
February 01, 2012
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.