Everything you need to set up and maintain large or small networks
Create a secure network for home or enterprise
Learn basic building blocks and standards
Set up for broadcasting, streaming, and more
The book you need to succeed!
Your A-Z guide to networking essentials
Whether you're setting up a global infrastructure or just networking two computers at home, understanding of every part of the process is crucial to the ultimate success of your system. This comprehensive book is your complete, step-by-step guide to networking--from different architectures and hardware to security, diagnostics, Web services, and much more. Packed with practical, professional techniques and the very latest information, this is the go-to resource you need to succeed.
* Demystify the basics: network stacks, bus architectures, mapping, and bandwidth
* Get up to speed on servers, interfaces, routers, and other necessary hardware
* Explore LANs, WANs, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, and other types of networks
* Set up domains, directory services, file services, caching, and mail protocols
* Enable broadcasting, multicasting, and streaming media
* Deploy VPNs, firewalls, encryption, and other security methods
* Perform diagnostics and troubleshoot your systems
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
September 01, 2009
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.