The topic of 'the unconscious' has figured largely in Literary Studies for some time. Antony Easthope approaches this controversial subject not in terms of the body but as meanings. Using the writings of Freud and Lacan The Unconscious offers chapters on:
* the existence of the unconscious
* the unconscious and the subject
* the unconscious and the text
* the unconscious and history
Lucid and accessible this book shows the existence of the unconscious in a stunning variety of examples -- from jokes and rugby songs to Hitchcock's Psycho and the life and death of Princess Diana.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Taylor & Francis
August 16, 1999
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.