The Mother of all Parenting Books : An All-Canadian Guide to Raising a Happy, Healthy Child from Preschool through the Preteens
Parenting is the toughest job on the planet. Fortunately, Canadian parents have Ann Douglas to turn to as their guide. Using her trademark non-bossy approach to all of the perennial parenting hot topics, Douglas has pulled together the latest research on everything from teaching kids self-discipline to preventing power struggles within the family to encouraging kids to feel great about themselves. The result is an all-Canadian guide to raising healthy, happy kids a book no Canadian parent should be without.
The Mother of All Parenting Books delivers:
- the facts on discipline-what works, what doesn't, and how your discipline methods need to evolve as your child grows older
- practical tips on teaching kids morals and values
- strategies for promoting healthy child-parent communication
- advice on avoiding parent burnout the lowdown on what it takes to keep kids safe today without smothering them
- the facts on fitness, nutrition, and body image and the important role that parents have to play in modeling healthy living for their kids
- research updates on bullying, eating disorders, childhood depression, and other important health and safety issues
- tips for riding out the sometimes rocky preteen years
- a listing of Canadian resources, including an Internet directory
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
November 05, 2013
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.