This new edition of Portuguese: An Essential Grammar is a practical reference guide to the most important aspects of modern Portuguese.
It presents a fresh and accessible description of the language that combines traditional and function-based grammar. The book sets out the complexities of Portuguese in short, readable sections. Explanations are clear and free from jargon. Throughout, the emphasis is on Portuguese as used by native speakers around the world.
The Grammar is the ideal reference source for the learner and user of Portuguese. It is suitable for either independent study or for students in schools, colleges, universities and adult classes of all types.
This second edition features:
* Coverage of both European and Brazilian Portuguese and information on the lexical differences between the two
* Detailed contents list and index for easy access to information
* Full use of authentic examples
* Coverage of traditional grammar and language functions
* New section on the history and culture of the Portuguese-speaking world
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Taylor & Francis
October 19, 2003
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.